Rick Meghiddo is the Principal of Projects Real Estate. For the benefit of his clients, he brings in “his architect’s eye” based on long experience as an architect and urban designer. This can be valuable to evaluate a property’s potential.
Following work as an Associate Broker of Coldwell Banker in Brentwood, he founded Projects Real Estate, a comeback of his practice as a broker-architect-developer in the Westwood-based real estate and architecture firm Meghiddo Associates.
Licensed in California as an architect in 1981 and as a broker in 1985, he was involved in many transactions that integrated real estate development with architecture and site-specific artworks. Working together with wife-partner Ruth Meghiddo, an architect, former realtor and founder of Farm Urbana, he practiced in Italy (based in Rome), in Israel (based in Tel Aviv) and in California (based in Westwood and in Downtown Long Beach.) His fluency in English, Spanish, Italian, and Hebrew is helpful to cross cultural barriers.
A member of the American Institute of Architects for over three decades, he created www.ArchiDocu.com and www.architectureawareness.com to help the public to better understand the meaning of architecture. He directed and produced over eighty architecture documentaries, most of them around the subject of “Spaces for People.” Cultural Weekly and in The Times of Israel published many of his blogs.
Rick was born and raised in Buenos Aires, Argentina. He spent seven formative years in Rome, Italy, where he obtained a Doctor of Architecture degree from the University of Rome. He earned a Master of Architecture and Urban Design from U.C.L.A. and is also a LEED Accredited Professional. He taught architectural design and history of architecture at Israel’s Technion and at the University of California, Irvine, respectively; published six collections of poetry; is an award-winning amateur photographer and was Board Member of Long Beach’s Redevelopment Agency (2003-2007.)
For an autobiographical video, please watch Crossing Borderlands (7:47′)
- Assists clients to sell and buy residential property in the Los Angeles and Long Beach areas.
- Assist clients to conceive architectural improvements to a property.
- California Licensed Architect and Real Estate Broker
- Israel Licensed Architect and Real Estate Broker
- Residential Contemporary Architecture
- Award of Excellence, Community Redevelopment Agency
- Certificate of Recognition, Long Beach City Council
- Finalist, Discovery Well Park Public Art Competition, Signal Hill
- Best 2000 AIA Members Overseas Annual Selection: Senior Housing, Jaffa
- Second Prize: Senior Community Center Design Competition,
- Grant: Israel Ministry of Science Research on Artificial Islands
- First Prize, Conceptual Competition for High-Density Housing
- AIA Honor Award, 2011 National Photo Contest
New House for Santa Monica Lifestyle – Promotional at Coldwell Banker
10601 Wilshire Blvd., #1602 – Promotional at Coldwell Banker
Real Estate with an Architect’s Eye – Promotional at Coldwell Banker
Spaces for People
Westwood LA – Documentary
Streets & Stradaccie in LA – Twenty-five tour from Santa Monica to China Town